Questions like “How to win at roulette”, “How to beat the house” and similar have been asked by gamblers all around the world. The only real answer to all those is “You can beat other players but not the house”. House edge is something that is going to exist no matter how much money was invested or how many spins were rolled. But there are some tips and tricks that may allow you to have higher winning odds over other players! Not odds of beating the house, but odds of being one of those who is going to make money and allow others to provide the house with their edge.
Tips for Getting the Best Roulette Odds
T0 get the best roulette odds, get familiar with:
- How the game works
- What types of machines exist
- Do’s and don’ts.
Before placing bets and enjoying the game itself, it is important to choose the right UK casino, licensed and having the best choice of games and bonus offers for UK players. We recommend you to pick up the game or the casino from the table given on our website. We have thoroughly reviewed both the roulette games and the casinos offering them and handle to you only the best ones.
European Vs. American Roulette Odds
Roulette seems like a very simple gambling game, but it is in fact very complex and fun. It consists of:
At first, it is that simple- all gamblers place their bets on the roulette table (one used by everyone), wheel spins, ball lands on one of the 37 or 38 slots, and those who win get paid immediately. The first step holds all of the philosophy, as once the wheel spins, there is no going back.
But since we are talking about creating the best odds, it is recommended to go for the European version. Reason being that the American roulette has one additional number that is green – a double zero. A double zero field is the only reason why European has an advantage when it comes to odds, as the American version has a higher house edge by approximately 2-3%. That is huge considering that the player himself cannot affect the odds too much.
The numbers on the roulette table are divided into three colours:
- Red – 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12,14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23,25, 27, 30, 32, 34, 36
- Black – 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11,13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24,26, 28, 29, 31, 33, 35
- Green – zero and double zero
You can bet on red or black, odd or even numbers. Note that the zero is neither odd nor even, and that is what gives the house an edge. Colours double up the stake, while 1/12 (dozen) bets triple it. If the particular number on which you placed some chips is picked, the award is equal to x36. For further information and explanation about the difference between the European and American roulette variants make sure to check this page.
Best Roulette Strategies
You might think that winning in a game of roulette completely relies on luck, and that is true but not 100%, as there are some types of bets you can make that may result in nice profit over time.
Some of the most popular schemes are:
- The Magic 8 – Requires a player to keep track of the 8 previously landed numbers, which is pretty easy to do especially when playing online. The only requirement is to wait for one more spin and then bet on the number that appeared 9 rounds ago. If that does not work, simply use two numbers next time, adding the following one in the sequence. It can be done with 11 numbers.
- The Martingale – A well-known strategy where the player is placing chips only on fields that offer the 50/50 odds of winning (colour, 1-18 and 19-36, odds and evens). The goal is to simply double the stake amount each round until the outcome is positive. Once you win, simply restart the process.
- The Fibonacci Sequence strategy – Requires the knowledge of the famous Fibonacci Sequence. Simply use bets following the sequence, but go 2 steps forward if you lose and one back if you win. That is a little bit more risky, as the maximum possible investment for one roll can be reached fairly quickly compared to the other strategies.
- The DÁlembert’s scheme – Starts with a unique number of chips placed at the 50/50 fields. Increase the amount by one if you lose or decrease by 1 if you win. Recommended for those who can afford to spend much time, as it will take some time before the profit is noticeable.
Keep in mind that these are not the only strategies available online, so try looking for one that suits your playing style the best, or even come up with one yourself!
Some Pieces of Advice to Follow
The most important thing is not to forget that roulette is a gambling machine. No matter how experienced you are, or which strategy you use, the house edge is always going to exist.
These are some of the things that are much more important than trying to “beat the odds” or make a fortune:
- Do not bet more than you can afford to lose
- Extend the available bankroll
- Gamble responsibly
- Have fun and enjoy the process
- Try out games for free before depositing
- Use bonuses offered by UK casinos.
There are roulette variations other than European and American such as Multi Wheel, Double Ball, Mini Roulette, etc. Do not be afraid to try them out, as most casinos in the UK and all around the world are offering free demo versions. Even if that is not an option, bonuses are always available, and with a sign-up or a no deposit bonus, anyone can start playing roulette for real money, without any real money investments.
Live versions give an experience, where you can interact with dealers, tip them and have a chat with other bettors. Mobile roulette is very popular these days, as most software development companies optimize their games in a way that they work smoothly on mobile devices.