Founded in 1850, Amex is one of the biggest credit card issuers in the United States. It accounts for roughly 23% of all purchases made through payment service facilities and credit. At the end of 2017, the company has around 112 million cards in circulation, which customers use to make a payment online or in brick and mortar stores.
Advantages of Using American Express in Casinos
As a gambling enthusiast, you may find an online casino with American Express as a funding method. But why should you use it instead of other payment methods?
- SafeKey – this is a new feature which enhances your security when you use your American Express in casinos. The same feature works when you make a payment online. Each cardholder is given a password which will be required when the card is used as a payment method.
- Customer Support – there are times when you will come across some issues if you use American Express in online casinos. Maybe your deposit is limited or you do not know where to find the CVV. The customer support group is available 24/7 by phone. You can also use the huge amount of information found in the FAQ section of the company’s website.
- Instant Access – if you select American Express in online casinos as a payment option, you can use the funds you deposited right away. The deposit is instant and should immediately reflect on your casino balance.
- Line of Credit – since it is a credit line, the amount of money you want to spend in online casinos with American Express as a payment option is not limited by the cash you have in the bank. The only thing that can hold you back from depositing more money is your credit limit.
- Withdrawals – after you win from gambling, you can use American Express to withdraw money. You simply have to initiate a withdrawal from your casino account and choose Amex as the recipient. Once the withdrawal process is over, you can encash the funds from an ATM.
- Global Functionality – the brand is known and accepted worldwide. And depending on the country where you live, you can use it in the currency of your country but the amount of what you pay is automatically converted into the merchant’s preferred currency. You do not need to worry about conversions as it happens in the back end. If you are from the UK, you will be charged in GBP even if you are paying for EUR.
How to Deposit in Online Casinos with American Express
First off, you need to have a card. And since it does not work like a debit card that you can buy in preloaded packages in kiosks, you need to apply for one in banks that issue Amex credit cards. Once you have it, follow the steps below.
- Go to an online casino with American Express as a payment option.
- Register an account.
- Complete the verification process.
- Go to the Cashier area.
- Select Deposit.
- Choose Amex as a payment service provider.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and CVV code found at the back.
- Enter your SafeKey.
Once the deposit is processed, you can now select live games or slot machines for you to play. Opt-in for the casino bonus offer if you can.
Other Important Information to Know
After playing, you can initiate a withdrawal using the same method shown earlier. But be aware that not all casinos allow withdrawal to cards. Some only use bank transfers or e-wallet payment services. If that is the case, the best course of action is to create a separate e-wallet account and link it to your casino account.
If you can use American Express to withdraw money, you can only withdraw the original amount you deposited. In some instances, you can ask the casino operator to give you a special treatment, especially if you are a VIP, to allow you to withdraw all your winnings to the same funding source.
Though the company does not charge fees, the casino where you play may impose deposit and withdrawal fees. The reason for this is that everytime a casino processes a financial transaction, it has to pay administrative charges to banks and credit card facilities. Most casinos will just pass these fees to you, the player.
There is a mobile app on android for Amex called Amex4You. For iTunes, it is called Amex Mobile. There are also many apps that serve as a learning resource. You can always access your account without download through mobile browsers.