There are two main reasons why PayPal is such a popular payment service.
- First, it is one of the first electronic payment methods to be established. Although there are currently many competitors, there were almost no online payment services except for credit cards in 1999. At that time, cybersecurity was a very new concept and there were some security risks of using credit cards on the internet. PayPal offered the option to pay by credit card without having to share your credit card information and has significantly reduced these security risks, ensuring the utmost safety of online payments.
- The second reason was the partnership agreement with eBay. This agreement, signed in 2002, made PayPal an official eBay payment method. eBay’s millions of users, therefore, chose to become a member of PayPal. This deal will end in 2020, but PayPal already got the desired benefit from this agreement.
This popular payment option now supports more than 25 currencies and can be used in 202 countries. Thanks to its agreement with Apple and mobile applications, the number of users continues to increase day by day.
It is now possible to buy almost any product or service with PayPal, and online casinos are also included. While PayPal online casinos are mostly available in European countries, you can use this payment service to deposit funds to play casino games (like slot machines, card games and even their live versions) or withdraw money from a casino. In this guide, we will tell you how to do this. In addition, a current list of PayPal casinos is also available in this guide. All casino sites in the table below allow deposit and withdrawal operations with PayPal (PP), some of them even offer casino bonuses for using this payment method for funding the casino account.
Advantages of Using PayPal
Online casinos with PayPal have many advantages and offer the ease of payment before anything else. If we show these advantages as a list:
- You do not need to share your financial information with casino management in PayPal online casinos. The payment process takes place outside the casino site and via the PP system. The gambling site cannot store or see any sensitive information, including your credit card info.
- Paying at PayPal casinos is no different than paying any online merchant. This payment online method has a very easy to use interface, and you do not need to be tech-savvy.
- Paying at PayPal online casinos is quick. Most of all withdrawal procedures are completed within 24 hours. Deposit transactions are instantaneous. In this context, it is possible to say that it is one of the fastest payment options, making it the best of the best. For example, bank transfers can take up to 7 business days to complete. For credit cards, this can take up to 48 hours.
- Online casinos with PayPal provide a safer and more reliable gambling environment. PP chooses only prestigious casinos to work with. So you can be sure that a PayPal casino has a reliability and positive reputation above a certain level.
Making a Casino Deposit With PayPal
Using this payment method in online casinos is easier than you think. Each casino will offer a different interface but start by logging in to your account and navigate to your personal account page.
- To send money, look for menus/buttons that have a name like “deposit” and “payment”. Click on this button when you find it.
- A list of available payment options will appear, select PayPal, and specify the amount of money you want to send.
- When you press the “submit” button, a secondary window or tab will open and PayPal’s official site will be launched. So you’re going to complete the payment through the PayPal site, not the casino. For the same reason, the casino will not be able to see your personal and financial information.
- Enter your PP username and password in the newly opened screen. The system will display the amount of money you have just specified and asked if you approve this payment. The transaction will be completed as soon as you approve.
This payment online method is pretty fast so that you can see the money in your casino account in just a few minutes.
PayPal withdraw money transactions are taking place in a similar way. Do the same as described above, but look for “cashout” or “withdraw” this time. Once you’ve determined the amount of money you’d like to withdraw, enter your email address that is linked to your PayPal account. Definitely, do not enter your PP password. This time a secondary screen or tab will not be opened. The casino will send the money directly to the PP account to which the email address you specify is linked. The process must be completed within 24 hours. If it is not completed after this period, contact the casino’s customer service. Once the money has been transferred to your PP account, you can transfer it to your bank account or start using it directly. PayPal withdraw money operations are faster and easier to use than other payment options.
FAQ About PayPal Casino Payments
Can I use this payment option at all online casinos?
No. As mentioned above, PayPal does a thorough investigation before starting to work with an online casino. It is possible to say that it is one of the most meticulous e-wallet services. An online casino cannot start working with PP without exceeding a certain level of security, reliability, and reputation. For this reason, the number of casinos accepting PayPal is few and the majority are UK based. To make a comparison, we can say that the number of casinos accepting Neteller and Skrill is much higher. However, although the number of PayPal casinos is few, each one is above a certain quality level.
Is PayPal a secure payment method?
Yes, in terms of security, it is one of the best payment methods. This is because you don’t have to share your l financial information with anyone. No matter which funding method you use (credit card, bank account, etc.), you only need an email account and password to make a payment. All payments are made through the PP infrastructure, and third parties cannot see any of this information. You can further protect your account with additional protection measures such as 2FA.
Do I need to pay any fees at online casinos using PayPal?
You are not required to pay any transaction fees to deposit or withdraw funds. However, this requires both the recipient and the sender being in the same country. If there is an inter-country transfer between PP accounts, a fixed fee applies 4.99 USD + 2.9% of the transaction amount. However, most casinos do not reflect this fee to their customers. So it’s possible to say that you don’t pay any transaction fees in general.
How long does it take to complete a PayPal transaction?
All PP operations are instant. However, casino management can extend withdrawal transactions up to 24 hours. This is due to some internal checks and approval period. In general, we can say that your casino deposit transactions will be completed in a few minutes. Withdrawal transactions will be completed within the same period after the casino has approved the request, but the approval process may be extended to up to 24 hours.
How can I fund my PayPal account?
You can use a credit card, debit card or bank account to fund your PP account. You must first add one of these to your account. The method you add will be used for all your payments. So even if your PP account has a 0 balance, you can still complete a payment if you have a balance in the method you added. For more information about this subject, please visit the official PP site.
How can I withdraw money from my PayPal account?
You can transfer the funds in your PP account to the funding method you added. So if you added a bank account, for example, you could transfer money to this account. However, you can directly use the money in your account in online merchant shops that support PP payments. In addition, if you have one of the PP’s own debit cards, you should transfer your funds to this card and use it at POS machines and ATMs.