At first glance, this casino game has very simple rules. However, a closer look at the complexity and various possibilities of the play shows that is important to constantly improve the roulette knowledge.
Among other things, one should learn how to use the chips you get at the beginning of the sequence. Of course, that depends on the desire of the bettors. Some of them prefer playing the lucky numbers, others decide to follow gambling systems.
It is always useful to study the odds, payments, and house edge information. Currently, there are more than 15 different betting types available for online players worldwide. They can be divided into three major sections:
- Inside and Outside Bets. These are included in every spinning wheel there is;
- Call Stakes. They are more typical for European and French than the American Roulette;
- Unique. This kind can sometimes be included in a game as the courtesy of a casino, not the product itself. These are rare so if you want to try them out make sure the specific casino that offers them accepts the particular jurisdiction (the US, the UK, Australia, etc.). One of them is a Snake bet. It covers: 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34. The visual concept reminds of a snake. However, the pay is not so dangerous, 2:1.
Basic Online Bets
The roulette map has two main parts. The inside of it consists of columns and numbers, and the outside betting area has special boxes and waging possibilities. Two of those are already mentioned as the Inside and Outside Bets. The wage limits are different for each of these types. Usually, Outside offers higher maximum stake than the Inside because the potential cashouts are much higher on the inner part of the gambling grid.
Let’s check out main Outside games:
- Red/Black. Players are trying to predict if the ball will land on the red or black number. This is an even money kind of a wage. Because of the green Zero field, the odds are actually less than fifty-fifty;
- Odd/Even. Kind where bettors expect ball finishing on one of the Odd (1,3,5, … etc.) or Even number (2,4,6, …. etc.);
- High/Low. These two bets stand for numbers from 1 to 18 for the Low and from 19 to 36 for the High stake. Also, those are even money investments;
- Dozen. Several combinations are in question, such as 1-12; 13-24; or 25-36;
- Columns. The whole vertical is the goal here. Actually, one of the three columns that include various numbers one can see in the table below. Have in mind that each line pays 2:1 or doubles:
|1.||1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34|
|2.||2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35|
|3.||3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36|
As far as the Insides are concerned, they cover inner fields of the rectangle and usually stand for the ones picking a particular number, or a group. Here players have a couple of options:
- Straight Up. One (any) number is picked. If the ball lands on it, the player wins the original bet plus 35 units, so the odds are 35:1;
- Split. Here one has the chance to stake on any two bordering numbers so the chip is placed on the line separating them (1/2, 13/14). Each of those numbers means victory. The probable odds are 17:1;
- Street. Another call for this kind of a wage is a trio or a Steam. Place the coin on the beginning edge of the first of three numbers in the horizontal line (1, 2, 3; 4, 5, 6; 7, 8, 9; … etc.). The positive outcome pays 11:1;
- Square/Corner. Standard pick of four numbers that bring 8:1 payment. The condition is that those fields have to touch, so the jetton is located on the intersection spot of the layout;
- Line/Six Lines. This is similar to Street, only the stake includes two out of three rows of numbers (e.g. 1-6). The coin has to be put at the corresponding border. Odds are 5:1;
- Five Number/Top Line. This one consist of 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, only possible numbers. The payment is 6:1. However, due to the poor probability of 13.16%, this type should be avoided;
- Basket/First Four. 6:1 for 0, 1, 2, and 3 in a group.
Casino Call Bets
Gamblers with a bit more experience sometimes use specific stakes and Strategies. Sometimes these include particular parts of the wheel, actually, one of four sectors. The best way to comprehend these is to realize that these wages are not made on the gambling map. The bettor announces what he/she wants and the croupier just confirms it out loud, so others may hear:
- Orphelins. You need five chips. Four on splits and one straight up;
- Voisin Du Zero. Nine jettons are necessary and almost mathematical preciseness. 0/2/3 – 25to29 plus 2 coins 4/7 – 12/15 – 18/21 – 19/22 – 32/35 (splits) plus one unit;
- Tiers Du Cylindre. Six chips on 12 numbers covering splits 5/8 -10/11 – 13/16 – 23/24 – 27/30 – 33/36 one coin on each.
Play Your Style
A good recommendation is to practice free online before you dive into a real sea of gambling sharks. Have in mind that even the simplest stake can be combined with others. So, you even have Final wage – when you are waging final 5 – all numbers that end with five are winning (e.g. Final 0 means 0, 10, 20, and 30 are the positive outcome). This only stands for a single zero wheel, such as the French Roulette.
In this game, one can also see an Imprisonment Stake – a unique possibility to have half of the invested money back. This En Prison rule is every gambler’s desire especially when it comes with some useful bonus. The point is that as much as you study about betting, odds, as much as you observe, you will be able to understand the essence of the game. That way Full Complete/Maximum (that takes all Inside wages and puts them on a specific number) or the Neighbour (with five fields), the highest level of complexity among the high rollers, is going to seem easy.